After constant pressure and entreaties from family, colleagues, the media, and local dignitaries I have ceded and finally entered the world of blogging. I only hope that the output can stand up to the unparalleled expectations in the minds of my admirers.
As my first post I wish to thank all those who have helped me get to where I am now. To the University of Utah Division of Plastic Surgery, which took a chance on a young woman new to the world of emergency surgeries, uncooperative insurance companies, and crabby patients. To my bishop and the Sunday School president (Brother Clinger) who saw in me someone who they could sucker into accepting the calling of the only ward Gospel Doctrine teacher. I only hope I can one day repay the favor. To my landlord who has provided me with my lush accommodations in the basement of a crumbly duplex; and to Malcolm, my neighbor and apartment manager who sends down through the vents the appetizing scents of microwave popcorn. You are mainly to blame for the failure of my diets. To the neighborhood business establishments who keep me furnished with enough supplies to paint, sew, read, craft, and cook to my heart's content. To Brynn and Matt and to Dallin and Cathy who keep my maternal instincts fed and happy with regular babysitting engagements. (Cameron and Steph, I'm sure you would support me in this if but for distance.) To Spencer and Carly who monitor my food inventory when they visit and who ensure nothing goes bad. And finally, to Mom and Dad who bravely decided to move forward after experiencing their first child. This second born is grateful for your daring and courage.
I cannot foresee how this blog will turn out; posts may be sparse and erratic. My only hope is to publish as often and as thoroughly as time allows. Thank you and good night.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
It is an honor just being nominated...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Funny, very funny. . .by the way, are you free Friday night?
Birthing and raising Cameron must have been a nightmare. I am so glad that your parents had the courage to continue on in steadfast faith and to have you. And because of the wonderful child you were, they were able to continue on in their journey in life to have even more children! Your manor sounds like an awesome place to live in! Keep the posts coming, you are hilarious!
WaaHoo! Could you please post a picture of what you wore on the red carpet when you gave your acceptance speech? Huh, could ya?
--NYC chapter President of the 'GO LYNDSAY' fan club
You should post every day! I dare you to do it! We all need to have a daily dose of Lindsay.
Lindsay, just tell some of your plastic surgery stories with pictures. You will really separate the men from the boys then. You won't catch me blogging. Not gonna do it, not gonna do it.
You are hilarious! I'm excited to see that everyone is getting on the blogging boat! It will be fun to keep in touch wiht you. Shanon
I just want to go on record and state that I seriously doubt my childhood, fondly referred to as the exploratory years, gave my parents any pause in their family building endeavors. I would also like to opine that, had the scientific breakthroughs I made in pyrology, ballistics, human tolerance, and other noble disciplines made my parents reconsider further reproduction, their wanting knowledge of physiology and their amorosity would have rendered any of their contraceptive techniques ineffective and ergo, their hypothetical dreams of an only child. Thank you.
Cameron, if my mother sees this you are cooked. There were NO pyrotechnological breakthroughs in your childhood only LOTS of experiments and I do know Physiology...I just have lots of faith.
Okay, I think from reading your blog and all of the intelligent comments, my 1.5 years of college vocabulary has grown to a new level. Thank you very much. Linds, you are the greatest!
Ashley, I wouldn't call Cameron's comments intelligent.
I'm not always sure I would either.
He just uses big words to try and make you think he is smarter than you, but it's really not the case. At least I hope so, because I didn't understand 78% or what he said.
Cameron---seriously, GO INTO THERAPY!
Post a Comment