As you may have read from the Clinger’s blog I recently went on a date with an extremely enthusiastic two-year old, Sammie. Because of my money-minde
d ways I rarely pry open my wallet and shell out the cash to go to the movie theater; however, after rave reviews I had wanted to see “Enchanted.” My mother called last Monday to let me know it had moved into the dollar theater. She suggested I take Sammie as she loves all things princess and I felt a little silly going alone.After several calls negotiating the terms, Brynn and I decided our schedules would work better if we went the next day; unfortunately, Brynn had let the idea slip and Sammie was in full princess mode. She sprinted into her room and began to primp. Within a few minutes she had changed into a favorite shirt, her Sunday tights and shoes, and a white swimming skirt. She then went to Brynn and told her to do her hair pretty.
Anticipating the mighty storm that would be unleashed, Brynn ceded the battle, made an emergency phone call and I arrived within a few minutes. We performed the customary formalities: I greeted the parents, Mom took pictures, Dad complimented Sammie on her appearance, and I was cautioned not to stay out beyond curfew. (Eston assumed he was invited and brought me his jacket and a hopeful
expression. We did some fast-thinking and distracted him with the mention of food.) Sammie forgave me for the lack of a corsage and we headed to the theater.Because of the last minute plans, we were short on time. We arrived at the box office right when the movie was starting but were greeted by a “sold out” sign. I knew I couldn’t convince Sammie that we had already had a blast and the date was complete, so I got the attendant to let us in and take our chances. I found a single seat three rows from the front and held Sammie on my lap the entire movie. We were both captivated through the movie and she now has one more princess to emulate.
4 comments:
Lindsay, you've got the be the best aunt!! Those kids just love you. It sounds like you guys had such a great time.
Thanks for saving me yet another Royal Catastrophe. She had tons of fun and now thinks that anytime she sees you it means a princess movie. Thanks again.
Enchanted...Patrick Dempsey in tights...bride dresses...popcorn...musical production numbers...good times.
Linds, I just saw that movie this month and LOVED it. How fun to have a real live princess w you.
Post a Comment