Friday, March 6, 2009

25 Things About Me

I got tagged for this post. Maybe that is what it takes for me to get back to blogging. I hope to do better, but for now, here goes:

1. Sunshine makes me happy. Living in a basement almost killed me.

2. I have my own toolboxes with a set of hand tools, a circular saw, and cordless drill. I have fixed dryers, changed circuit breakers, repaired drywall, and operated a plethora of power tools. (grunting)

3. I have a major sweet tooth. My biggest weaknesses are anything with chocolate and cinnamon.

4. Physical injuries don't bother me...uh, in other people. I don't get grossed out by blood and gore. Getting hurt myself kind of throws me off my stride. (If she's reading this, my mom probably just threw up.)

5. I'm very particular about the particulars of my bed: thread count of the sheets, size and fill of the pillows, firmness of the mattress. I guess it's a family trait.

6. I'm all about the details.

7. I love anything that exercises my brain: puzzles, organization, art projects, fixing things, etc.

8. Seasons, in order of preference: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter

9. Heat is bad. I get hotter quicker than other people and sometimes get sick from it. We first found this out in grade school when I volunteered to serve hot lunch.

10. I am 31 and I have only owned one car in my life.

11. I'm a poor speller.

12. I’m a tyrant about spending money.

13. I have a hate-love-hate relationship with my hair. (Five cowlicks and counting.)

14. When it comes to dishing up food, my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

15. It is not unusual in an average day for me to have either spilled something on my clothes, tripped over my own feet, or run into a piece of furniture. I won “Biggest Klutz” four years in a row at Girls Camp.

16. I don't suffer fools well. My biggest pet peeve is when people are inconsiderate and oblivious to other people.

17. Chocolate, in order of preference: milk, semi-sweet, orange, mint, dark, and white.

18. I have a premature streak of gray hair at my left temple.

19. Meetings are overrated.

20. I have a skin condition called “dermatographia” that makes me allergic to touch. Even light tough causes my skin to react as it would to hives: redness, swelling, and welts. It comes quick and, depending on the pressure and location, usually leaves just as fast. It is also known as “skin writing.” I’ve drawn pictures, written people’s names, and my brothers and sisters have played Tic Tac Toe.

21. I'm a food coward. My taste palate tends to be rather picky. My mother says I am not gastronomically inquisitive.

22. My feet have shrunk since high school.

23. I’m a rock star at matching colors.

24. I come from a short line of organizers: its all about bins and containers.

25. I can wiggle my ears without using my hands.

2 comments:

matt and brynnzie said...

You live!! Welcome back. now write something every other month or something.

gs said...

OH NO Lindsay, when you blog it almost means I should blog. I found your comments interesting. Can I see your condo next month?