Saturday, August 9, 2008

Art Critic

I need some help, and by reading this blog you have volunteered. Congratulations!

A couple years ago I got the idea to enter a painting I did in the Utah State Fair. No one was more surprised than myself when I won first place in the oil/acrylics landscape category. Fortunately, the painting I entered was a special project for my mom that I really focused on.





Last year I entered the next best painting I had but only won an honorable mention.

I haven't done much painting this year and don't have anything special, but thought I should enter something anyway. However, I need help deciding. Below are some paintings I did during an art class over a year ago. Leave a comment and let me know your favorite(s).

Colorful Forest

Flower Watercolor

Blurry Bouquet

Smoky Mountains

Sunflowers

11 comments:

steph said...

Wow! Good job on all of them. I think my favorite is the sunflower.
There, you have my vote and that's all I have to say about that!

angela said...

very cool. all are well done, but i like the "flower watercolor" best--great contrast and color, pleasing to the eye, nice detail. that's my vote. i took a painting class earlier this year... i still haven't finished the one painting i started.

Anonymous said...

This is two votes:

Carly: Flower watercolor

Robin#1: Flower Watercolor

Which by the way you promised me for my family room and I want it NOW. I have a frame that will fit it perfectly...I'm waiting.

matt and brynnzie said...

I like the flower watercolor. That's all.

Staples Fam said...

They all look WONDERFUL. I can't decide...does that narrow it down?

Love you!

Anonymous said...

The colorful forest

Anonymous said...

You are soooo talented!!! I will be one of your first customers when you're ready to sell! My fav is flower watercolor, but coming up close are the sunflower and colorful florest. YOU ROCK! and Good Luck!Tracey

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, you never cease to amaze me! I love the Flower Watercolor with the red flowers best. I would definitely hang that in my house! hint, hint.... Andrea

Anonymous said...

Linds- Like I said before- how are we supposed to choose? They are all amazing. I think I like the flower watercolor the best but a close second would be the sunflower. I asked Brett too and he said the smoky mountains.

Dallin said...

I like the sunflower one.

Unknown said...

flower water color will be another prize winner. I claim to be a friend of Carly's.