For those who don't know, Brynn and I are in the same ward and every year the ward has a spaghetti dinner and cake auction to raise money for the Young Men and Young Women. Members of the ward either make cakes or buy them and the average final bid is around $40. This year the theme was "Enchanted" and there was royalty everywhere.
Last year I made my first attempt at cake decorating. It didn't turn out so well. I made a car that kept crumbling on me and the frosting melted all over the cake board. It took all day to make, and I was so embarrassed at the finished product I almost didn't bring it.
This year I wanted to redeem myself so I chose a cake from a decorating book my mom gave me. It turned out great and sold for the highest amount at $80.
4 comments:
Love the cake, Lindsay. I wish I could have tasted it.
Okay, I saw that hamburger cake in the top picture and I thought it was so cute. And then to read through the rest of the post and see that YOU were the one who made it, that is so great!!! I just love it, and way to go on having it be the highest bid! I'm have a talent when it comes to cakes...and that is eating them!
Dito to what Summer said!! I thought the same thing. I need to hire you to make some cakes for me!! Is your going rate $80? I would charge at least $200.
HOLY COW!! You are one talented Gal! I love your cakes. I so want to learn how to decorate and make cute cakes!!
Post a Comment